Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
What Should I expect Before Anesthesia?
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water or coffee) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. We ask that someone stay with the patient after surgery for 6-8 hours.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves or sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please contact the office prior to your surgical procedure for instructions.